The Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU) Foreign Languages and English Preparatory School (FLEPS) Workshop Festival is part of the Teacher Training and Professional Development Unit (TT&PDU). The aim of the Workshop Festival is to bring together Language teachers not just from EMU but from across the Island; and to provide them with opportunities to share their innovative classroom practices and experiences with like-minded teachers.
The Workshop Festival is a one day event, which is held towards the end of the EMU academic year. There are seven strands in the Workshop Festival:
- First is for our colleagues from other educational institutions who would like to share their teaching and learning experiences with us.
- Second is for EMU FLEPS colleagues who have been sponsored by our Institution to present papers at local, national and international conferences.
- Third is for EMU FLEPS colleagues who want to share their classroom experiences with colleagues either as a workshop, poster, or as a talk.
- Forth is for EMU FLEPS teachers who have taken part in our Teacher Research Project. These teachers share with us their research journey in a friendly care and share session.
- Fifth is for EMU FLEPS (Special Interest Groups). In this regard 21st Century Skills SIG wish to share their ideas related to this theme.
- Sixth is for prospective teachers studying at EMU ELT faculty. These are for students, who wish to share their new ideas, related to their final year course work.
- Seventh is for teachers, who wish to share their non-academic, but creative ideas with us. In the past, we have had teachers who have talked about their travels, published books, photographs; and personal spiritual journeys.
This Workshop Festival is for teachers by teachers and at its heart lays the notion of a festival which we wish to share with you.