The Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU) Foreign Languages and English Preparatory School (FLEPS) Workshop Festival is part of the Teacher Training and Professional Development Unit (TT&PDU). The aim of the Workshop Festival is to bring together Language teachers not just from EMU but from across the Island and to provide them with opportunities to share their innovative classroom practices and experiences with their like mind teachers.
The Workshop Festival is a one-day event, which is held at the end of each EMU academic year. There are six strands in the Workshop Festival:
- First is for our colleagues from other educational institutions who would like to share their teaching and learning experiences with us.
- Second is for EMU colleagues who have been sponsored by our Institution to present papers at local, national and international conferences.
- Third is for EMU colleagues who want to share their classroom experiences with colleagues either as a workshop, poster or as a talk.
- Forth is for EMU teachers who have taken part in our Teacher Research Project. These teachers share with us their research journey in a friendly care and share session.
- Fifth is for prospective teachers studying at EMU ELT faculty. This is for final year postgraduate students who wish to share their new ideas in the field of ELT in the form of workshops related to their final year course works.
- Sixth is for teachers who wish to share their non-academic, but creative ideas with us. In the past, we have had teachers who have talked about their travels, published books, photographs; and personal spiritual journeys.
This Workshop Festival is for teachers by teachers and at its heart lays the notion of a festival which we want to share with you.